Well known are the effects of oxygen therapy in the world of medicine, as they have a very favorable impact on treatments of brain damage, diabetes, fibromyalgia … etc. Despite this, its benefits do not end in this field, as hyperbaric oxygen has a very interesting use in the world of beauty.
There are many celebrities who, in recent years, have launched to try these therapies, from Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Madonna to Victoria Beckham or Pilar Rubio. Join us to present the benefits of oxygen therapy for your skin.
What effects does oxygen therapy have on our skin?
With the passage of time, the skin loses luminosity, becomes duller, less elastic, more aged in short. To this must be added the action of external factors, such as pollution, stress, poor diet, consuming some harmful substances such as tobacco, not drinking enough water and lack of physical activity, which cause that the process of oxygenation of our skin is not what it should be.
Hyperbaric oxygen is used to restore the skin to a more youthful and radiant state.
The effect that this therapy has on the skin is very simple, it introduces a high amount of oxygen into our cells, that oxygen that it needs so much and of which it has been deprived, either by the passage of time, or by life itself.
Since hyperbaric oxygen generates a greater proliferation of collagen, natural collagen of very good quality. It could be perfectly indicated in the search of improvement of the aesthetics of the people who are submitted to this type of treatments.Rafael Sanchez González, Specialist in hyperbaric medicine at Centro Hiperbárico de Estepona.
For whom is this treatment indicated?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is non-invasive, and is indicated as a beauty treatment for anyone who feels any of these signs:
- Tight skin with wrinkles and fine lines
- Pale or dull skin
- Skin with obvious damage due to sun exposure
- Acne and dehydrated skin, as oxygen has antribacterial effects.
- Skins of smokers or people exposed to smoke.
Effects of oxygen therapy on the skin
- Improve skin firmness by reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Relaxing effect, so it is also very beneficial in case of stress.
- Promotes microcirculation and therefore improves the appearance of cellulite skin.
- Acne treatment, as it reduces pores and provides hydration.
- It manages to attenuate the dark circles and possible spots.
If you are thinking of trying this type of treatment we recommend that you make an appointment with our doctor, without obligation.